Housing - Statement of Family Obligations
A. The family must follow the rules listed below in order to continue participating in the Section 8 Rental Voucher Program.
B. The family must:
1. Supply any information that the HA or HUD determines to be necessary including evidence of citizenship or eligible immigration status, and information for use in a regularly scheduled reexamination or interim reexamination of family income and composition.
2. A family receiving assistance from the program is required to report ANY CHANGE in its eligibility status to the Ark-Tex Council of Governments. Changes that would affect eligibility status include: income, employment, family size, childcare or medical expenses. These changes must be reported IN WRITING WITHIN ONE WEEK of their occurrence. In addition, the family must understand that failure to report any change is in violation to Federal law and may result in criminal prosecution.
3. Disclose and verify social security numbers and sign and submit consent form for obtaining information.
4. Supply any information requested by the HA to verify that the family is living in the unit or information related to family absence from the unit.
5. Promptly notify the HA in writing when the family is away from the unit for an extended period of time in accordance with HA policies.
6. Allow the HA to inspect the unit at reasonable times and after reasonable notice.
7. Notify the HA and the owner in writing before moving out of the unit or terminating the lease.
8. Use the assisted unit for residence by the family. The unit must be the family's only residence.
9. Promptly notify the HA in writing of the birth, adoption, or court-awarded custody of a child.
10. Request HA written approval to add any other family member as an occupant of the unit. (BEFORE moving into the rental unit.)
11. Promptly notify the HA in writing if any family member no longer lives in the unit.
12. Give the HA a copy of any owner eviction notice.
13. Pay utility bills and supply appliances that the owner is not required to supply under the lease.
C. Any information the family supplies must be true and complete.
D. The family (including each family member) must not:
1. Own or have any interest in the unit (other than in a cooperative, or the owner of a manufactured home leasing a manufactured home space.)
2. Commit any serious or repeated violation of the lease.
3. Commit fraud, bribery or any other corrupt or criminal act in connection with the program.
4. Participate in illegal drug or violent criminal activity.
5. Sublease or let the unit or assign the lease or transfer the unit.
6. Receive Section 8 Tenant-based Program Housing Assistance while rece1v1ng another housing subsidy, for the same unit or a different unit under any other Federal, State or local housing assistance program.
7. Damage the unit or premises (other than damage from the ordinary wear and tear) or permit any guest to damage the unit or premises.
Failure of the family to meet the conditions contained in this statement will be a basis for termination of rental assistance under the Section 8 Rental Assistance Program and will result in a 10-year ineligibility period.
Name of PHA:
Ark-Tex Council of Governments
Telephone: (903) 832-8636 Address: PO BOX 5307
4808 Elizabeth St.
Texarkana, TX 75505-5307
Signature of Family Representative
Signature of Family Representative
I have received a copy of this Statement of Family Obligations.
Bowie, Cass, or Upshur