The Area Agency on Aging of welcomes you to our programs, made available to you through the Older Americans Act of 1965. These programs and a variety of services are administered by the Area Agency on Aging with funding provided through the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services, client contributions and local funding.
Programs and services are designed for people who age 60 or older, their family members, and other caregivers. Our goal is to help older people lead independent, meaningful and dignified lives in their own homes and communities as long as possible. Our program supports that goal by providing limited support services and by assisting you in finding answers when you want help. Your information will not be released to anyone, or any agency without your informed consent, with the exception of records subpoenaed by a court of law.
Release of Information:
Information we gather through an intake or through an assessment may be shared to plan, arrange and deliver services to meet your individual client needs. The information collected is required by your local service provider, the Area Agency on Aging (AAA), and the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services. All of your information will be kept confidential and guarded against unofficial use.
Client rights and responsibilities:
1. You have the right to be treated with respect and consideration. You have the right to have your property treated with respect.
2. You may not be denied services on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, marital status, or inability and/or unwillingness to contribute.
3. You have the right to make a complaint/grievance or recommend changes to policy or service, without restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal. To make a complaint or grievance contact the Area Agency on Aging. Contact information is identified below:
|Service Provider Information||Area Agency on Aging Information|
|Ark-Tex Council of Governments||Lisa Reeve, Manager|
|Transportation Program||Ark-Tex Area Agency on Aging|
|P.O. Box 5307||P.O. Box 5307|
|Texarkana, TX 75505-5307||Texarkana, TX 75505-5307|
|Phone: 866-575-9014 or 903-255-3530||Phone: 800-372-4464 or 903-832-8636|
4. You have the right to participate in the development of a care plan to address unmet needs (If Applicable).
5. You have the right to be informed in writing of available services and the applicable charges if the services are not covered or are unavailable by Medicare, Medicaid, health insurance, or Older Americans Act funding (If Applicable).
6. You have the right to make an independent choice of service providers from the list furnished by the Area Agency on Aging where multiple service providers are available, and change service providers when desired (If Applicable).
7. You have the right to be informed of any change in service(s).
8. You have the right to make a voluntary, confidential, contribution for services received through the Area Agency on Aging. Services will not be denied if you are unable or choose not to make a contribution. All contributions are confidential and are used only to expand or enhance the service(s) for which a contribution was provided.
9. You have the responsibility to inform the Area Agency on Aging or its service provider(s) of your intent to withdraw from the program or any known periods of absenteeism when you will not be using services.
10. You have the responsibility to provide the Area Agency on Aging or its services provider(s) with complete and accurate information.
I hold harmless this Area Agency on Aging program, its parent organization, funders, and the sponsoring state agencies for any liability arising out of the services provided in accordance with program guidelines.